7/07/2005

London bombings

I went to Edgware Road station & Kings Cross several times when I was there last October on a visit with my girlfriend. Now that my initial worries of my friends in the UK are fine, I can think about the people who did this horrible act. I hope that they bring those assholes that did this to justice. When I read the website about the claims of the terrorists doing such an act in the name of Allah, it being his will, and the same old horse shit tribute given to the “martyrs” really makes me think what God would approve of this? Also, today it was reported that the Egyptian envoy to Iraq was killed by al-Qaeda in Iraq. So you have an Egyptian Muslim called an infidel and killed by another Muslim in the name of God.

Tough to take in. I realize that there is a separation of degrees. The problem is radical Islam, compounded with little to no voice from the moderates does little to nothing to help them. In comparison, you have rabid abortion clinic bombers who kill in the name of God, so it’s not just “Islam.” It’s tough to distinguish this to some extent because a suicide bomber and Islam (though it is radical in this case) can go hand in hand with many people’s perceptions. My thoughts about it really coincide with what Blair said:

Blair condemns bombers who "act in name of Islam"

LONDON, July 7 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair, condemning the London bombings that killed at least 33 people on Thursday, said: "We know that these people act in the name of Islam."

In a statement from his London residence, a grim-faced Blair thanked The Muslim Council of Britain for roundly condemning the bombers who struck in the early morning rush hour.

"We know that these people act in the name of Islam but we also know that the vast and overwhelming majority of Muslims both here and abroad are decent and law abiding people who abhor this kind of terrorism every bit as much as we do," Blair said.

It’s good to see some Islamic groups condemning the actions of a few who claim to represent the “word of Allah”. I just hope that more Muslims stand up to these people and work towards eliminating these terrorist assholes.

Another thing I hope to see is Blair actually having balls and doing what Bush failed to do—bring those guilty to justice. I hope Blair does not follow the inaction of our moron in chief. We do not have the mastermind of 9/11 in custody, Bush seems to not care. He is not important. I am glad we have that stupid tyrannical despot Sadam in custody, but he did not cause 9/11.

I wish Blair good luck in capturing those guilty. I’d like to thank Bush for continuing to be an idiot and listening to the neo-con assholes that he has in his cabinet or advisors, you have really screwed this country with lies and inaction. Lastly, I hope the best for the victims of the London bombings.