7/13/2009

Independence Day

I heard on a radio show when a woman called in talking about being on a DNC or Obama campaign mailing list. She was talking about receiving about 6 e-mails a week requesting $5 or $10 contributions to their organization. I get a decent enough mail from all political organizations asking for $5 or $10 as well, so that's not too big a deal.

The interesting thing is that the woman mentions that she received no e-mail from this "Obama mailing list" wishing the recipient (her in this case) a happy 4th or July or Independence Day. I thought this was a little seedy. I did a little checking and found this:

http://www.truthout.org/070409Z

So I just think that the organization was closed or might not have been an "official" aspect of the Obama administration, different from the Obama campaign. All I know is I get a lot of mail for various causes, I will sign a petition or two and send it back with my stamp, but I rarely contribute money. Online, though, I might contribute some cash from time to time. They have made things very easy to do so. I don't mind the letters in the mail, but it certainly adds to my recycle bin.